1. By registering for an event (the “Event”), as a participant or attendee (the “Attendee”), you agree to the following terms and conditions (collectively, the “Agreement”) with Cognota, Inc. (the “Company”). If you are completing the registration process on behalf of another individual, you warrant that you are a representative of the Attendee and the Attendee has been made aware of the Agreement, and consents to having you authorize his/her/it to enter into the Agreement with the Company.
2. Attendee must and hereby agrees to provide the Company with such information as the Company requires in relation to the Event, which is the subject matter of the Agreement, and must do so on or before the time or the times and in the manner which the Company specifies to the Attendee in that regard.
3. By participating the Event, the Attendee agrees to comport themselves in a manner consonant with attending a professional, business presentation and will comply with all directions given by the Company in that regard as well as with any rules and regulations stipulated by the owner/operator of the venue where the Event takes place, including without limitation, all fire, safety, and health regulations of local, city, state laws and ordinances and any such applicable laws preventing harassment or discrimination, or that protect privacy rights as well as any Company policies and procedures as set forth in the Agreement or as may otherwise be provided to you by the Company in connection with the Event. Attendees in violation of these rules or who behave in an unsafe and careless manner while attending the Event may be asked to leave and be barred from returning without, if applicable, a refund of any fees paid to participate in the Event.
4. Under the Agreement, the Attendee is responsible and liable for the performance of all obligations required including, if applicable, the payment of any monies (including applicable taxes) when such monies are due and payable. The Attendee will not have the right to attend the Event until any applicable fees have been paid in full to the Company, in accordance with the terms of payment applicable thereto as specified by the Company in its sole discretion. Note that, unless expressly agreed with the Company in writing, any applicable cost of the Event does not include accommodation, travel costs, insurance, transportation costs, parking, dining which is not expressly included in the Event cost, mini-bar, alcoholic beverages or other refreshments, gratuities, communication charges and/or any other items or activities in which the Attendee chooses to participate. The Attendee agrees that those charges and expenses are the sole responsibility of the applicable Attendee. Please further note that when the Attendee pays applicable fees using a credit card, depending upon the terms applicable to the credit card, the Attendee’s credit card issuer may charge the Attendee any applicable exchange rates plus foreign conversion mark-up as stipulated in the credit card agreement which applies to that credit card.
5. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, reschedule, postpone, or otherwise amend or alter the Event, including but not limited to, a change of venue, change of date and/or change in number of participants, at any time before the commencement date of the Event. The Company will use reasonable efforts to provide the Attendee with notice of such change or cancellation. If the Company, in its sole discretion, cancels, reschedules, or postpones the Event, the Company will provide to any Attendee who so requests a credit voucher for the amount of applicable fees which said Attendee has paid to the Company in respect of the Event, as the case may be, which credit voucher may be applied by the Attendee to the cost of any future event presented by the Company (subject always in the case of availability of space in such substituted event). The foregoing is the Company’s sole obligation to the Attendee in respect of the Event being cancelled, rescheduled, or postponed and in no way will the Company be obliged to refund to the Attendee the whole or any part of any applicable fees already paid by the Attendee to the Company.
If, irrespective of the reason, the Attendee fails to attend the Event, subject to the Company agreeing with the Attendee in advance to some alternative arrangement (including without limitation and in the Company’s sole discretion, the granting to the Attendee of a credit voucher), which agreement and arrangement shall be in the sole discretion of the Company, the applicable fees paid by the Attendee will be forfeited by the Attendee, the Attendee shall have no right to any refund of those fees, and the Company will retain the full amount of the fees it has received in respect of that Attendee’s participation in the Event. If, irrespective of the reason, the Attendee wishes to substitute another person for a Attendee, the Company has the discretion to agree to that substitution or within reason refuse to accept the substitution, in which case the applicable fees paid by the Attendee will be forfeited by the Attendee, the Attendee shall have no right to any refund of those fees, and the Company will retain the full amount of the fees it has received in respect of that original Attendee’s participation in the Event.
The Company recommends that all Attendee Attendees purchase or be covered by travel insurance sufficient to cover airfare, hotel, and/or other travel costs incurred by them should the Company decide in its discretion to change or cancel the Event and health and hospital insurance. The Attendee is wholly responsible for the cost of any such insurance.
6. The Attendee understands and agrees that any Event materials (the “Event Materials”), including but not limited to any presentation slides, which are supplied to the Attendee in connection with an Event, are supplied for the Attendees personal use only and may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, broadcasted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, transferred or distributed in any way (including mirroring) to any other computer, server, website or other medium or person, firm or corporation for copying or reproduction or publication or distribution or for any commercial purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of the Company, which consent the Company may grant or refuse in its sole discretion. If the Attendee has any questions concerning the use of the Event Material, the Attendee agrees to submit the Attendee’s detailed request in writing to the Company via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. By entering into the Agreement, the Attendee acknowledges, on his/her/its behalf and on behalf of any person or persons who attends the Event pursuant to the Agreement, that the Event and any and all proceedings related to the Event, in the sole discretion of the Company, may be recorded by the Company (resulting in the “Recording”), in whole or in part or parts, and in any manner chosen by the Company, for the Company’s sole use and benefit. The Attendee hereby agrees and consents to being shown in the recording in that manner and to the use in the Recording of his/her/its image, without any compensation, and without any further notice, consent, or approval to or of the Recording.
8. The Attendee agrees that the Event Material and/or any other information presented or discussed at the Event is for entertainment purposes only and should not be considered advice and/or guidance in relation to any business operation, investment strategy, transaction, or any other matter. In addition, the Attendee hereby acknowledges, releases and agrees to hold harmless, the Company, the Company’s parent, related and affiliated companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death or property damage or personal injury and any claims based on personality, privacy rights or defamation (including, without limitation, any and all liability for any damage or damages whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive) occurring at or in any way in connection with the Event or in connection with attending or travelling to attend the Event. Therefore, the Attendee hereby acknowledge and agrees that the Releasees shall have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by the Releasors against, any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive, resulting from following the whole or any part of any information published or broadcasted or provided at the Event.
Limitation of Liability. To the extent permitted by applicable law: (i) the Company will not be liable to the Attendee for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event or other aspect related thereto or in connection with the Agreement; and (ii) the aggregate liability of the Company for any direct claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Event or the Agreement, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), will be limited to the amount paid by the Attendee to the Company under the Agreement.
9. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Agreement or the rights and obligations as between the parties to this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada, including the procedural provisions of those laws, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties to this Agreement hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of that Province, sitting in the City of Toronto, in respect of the determination of any matter or dispute arising under or in respect of this Agreement.
10. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and each party acknowledges that, in entering into the Agreement, it has not relied upon, and shall have no right or remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made negligently or innocently) other than as expressly set out in this Agreement.
Last Updated: September 14, 2023
© 2023 Cognota, Inc.